What is it?
The MAC (Media Access Control) address is the hardware ID of your device and is unique. We use this MAC address to recognise your device on the network so you do not have to sign up each time you connect.
Whats the problem?
New features in iOS and Android randomise this address to help stop you being tracked however in the case of a genuine WiFi provider it also means we see your device as new each time you connect and you have to keep filling out the registration form.
To make the WiFi connection process as smooth as possible we recommend disabling MAC randomisation when you are connecting to one of our SSIDs.
Android 10 and Above
The proceedure may vary for different device types
- Ensure the device is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Network & Internet/Connections and then Wi-Fi.
- Tap the gear icon associated with the WiFi network.
- Tap Advanced and then Privacy.
- Tap Use Device/Phone MAC.
iOS 14 and Above
- iPhone, iPad
- Open the Settings app, then tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the information button next to a network.
- Tap Private Address. If your device joined the network without using a private address, a privacy warning explains it.